Montana Academy is a co-ed therapeutic boarding school located in northwest Montana. Since its inception in 1997, Montana Academy has been regarded as a highly respected program that strives to help struggling teens.
The Team Leader role is a direct care position working with a group of 8-10 students at a time. The shift for this role is Wednesday-Saturday working 1:30-10pm on weekdays and 8:30-10pm on Saturdays. This is a full-time position with a salary of $34,500/year plus full benefits. Successful applicants will have strong organizational skills and a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience working with youth.
- Provide guidance and support to students while they are in our care
- Maintain appropriate boundaries and limits within the context of a caring relationship
- Communicate effectively with co-workers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to attend 3 outdoor based trips a year
- Plan and implement enriching activities for students on the weekends (i.e. mountain biking, skiing, arts and crafts, etc.)
- Comfortable giving and receiving feedback when necessary
- Build positive relationships with students
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with youth
- Must be able to pass a background check
- First Aid/CPR
- Experience working with youth
- Outdoor recreation experience
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to Amy Zink (email@example.com).