Benchmark Transitions is one of the longest-running therapeutic programs for young adults. Benchmark Transitions offers a long-term, dual diagnosis residential transitional living program for 18-28 year old men and women providing clinical treatment, addiction recovery & aftercare, education, career and life skills.
Benchmark is a full-time Residential Program.
Primary Substance Abuse Counselor
Benchmark Transitions is seeking a qualified individual for the position of Primary Substance Abuse Counselor. The ideal candidate is highly organized, ethical, with strong communication skills and strong professional boundaries. This position is a full time, exempt salaried position.
- Conduct individual sessions with patients on caseload/coaching team.
- Conduct Process Group and other group counseling.
- Oversee and manage all components of participants’ programming while at Benchmark Transitions – academic, clinical, social, emotional and physical.
- Ensure that all program offerings are delivered and supervised to ensure seamless integration and participation towards established graduation criteria.
- Case Management of participants includes: supervision and oversight of the interdisciplinary team in developing and delivering individualized programming and treatment plans, facilitation of individual, group, workshop and/or coaching sessions for all program participants and parents/families.
- Oversee and facilitate daily participant activities, including field trips and life skills classes.
- Provide and facilitate regular communications between participants, family members, referral sources, and others related to the participants on their caseload.
- Primary Counselors provide crisis intervention with participants, authorize treatment transitions or transfers and participate in on-call rotations.
- Management and supervisory responsibilities including but not limited to: shift management, liaison between Program Services Department and other departments, mentoring, teaching and coaching of team staff, counseling and disciplinary responsibilities; such as performance reviews, counseling actions and terminations.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s degree in Counseling or Psychotherapy (or related discipline) is preferred (licensure not required)
- State of California Certification(s) for treatment of Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) programs – CATC III, CADC I, CADC II and/or LAADC preferred.
- Two years of experience working in a clinical setting, preferably a residential setting.
- Must have exceptional organizational and communications skills and be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to perform physical activities including, but not limited to: activities of daily living, cooking & cleaning, sports and recreational activities.
Salary: Competitive salary offered, depending upon education and experience. A comprehensive benefit package is available following a 60 day waiting period.
Applicants must successfully pass and background check and pre-employment health screening (urine drug screen and TB test). Applicants in recovery must have a minimum of 2 years in recovery.
Benchmark Transitions is an EEO employer.
Please submit resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org